Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Personal knitting

One thing I really miss as a designer is knitting for myself and for family and friends.  I generally manage to knit something for the big life events, or a quick pair of socks, but overall, there's not a lot of personal knitting going on.

I've decided to try something new.  Weekends off.  On the weekend I can knit whatever the hell I want.  It sounds so exciting that I now have a list of must-knits.  First up is a dress my best friend's baby.  It's a belated first birthday gift.  Belated because there just isn't much point in knitwear in Texas in the warmer months.  So, I'm making her a little dress for this fall/winter.

Nova from Petite Purls.
Those gorgeous colors are Athena and Sugar in Miss Babs Yummy 2-ply. I'm going to make it with cap sleeves so she can wear it a little longer in the warm Texas spring.

I'm so excited that I'm actually a little giddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment