Tuesday, May 26, 2009


Designing and still so new to me. I get so excited about each new design and all the possibilities.

I found out last night that 2 of my patterns were accepted for the Knitting Pattern a Day Calendar 2010! Moose's Argyle Vest will be used for August 18 and the Butterfly Dreams Mittens are the bonus pattern for September. Both of these patterns were originally published in KnitCircus' Fall 2008 issue and are available here and on Ravelry.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Spring Sprouts Tank

The Spring Sprouts Tank pattern is now available!

Sizes 2, 4, 6, 8, 10
Finished Measurements:
21, 23, 25, 26, 28"

Gauge: 20 sts and 28 rows to 4" in stockinette on US #5 needles

DK or Sport Weight Yarn:
260, 310, 390, 460, 500, 550 Yards

Sample knit in Dale of Norway Svale

US #5 needles, 20-24", Circular
US #6 needles, 20-24", Circular
US #5 Double Pointed Needles

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Explanation in pictures

I finished the test knit of the Spring Sprouts Tank. I think and hope it's rather straight forward, but there is a small section (the shoulder straps) I thought might benefit from a photo tutorial.

In picture 1, I've completed the 1st section of applied i-cord and continued to make the i-cord shoulder strap.

Here are the remaining stitches waiting on the holder.

I've transferred the stitches to a needle.

I've added the 3 i-cord stitches in front on those remaining stitches.

I begin the second section of applied i-cord.

Here I've completed the last of the applied i-cord.

Now, I just need to graft the strap to the beginning.

I pick up 3 stitches and graft / kitchner stitch them together.


I'm working on the final copy of the pattern now. It will go live on May 30, or maybe a little sooner if I can manage it.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Monday!

It's been quiet weekend, which means I got quite a bit of knitting time. The weather was beautiful, so I sat in the yard and worked on the test knit of Spring Sprouts while the kids played on the swing set.

I'm ready to do the decreases for the empire waist and then it's on the bodice. It should be done in a day or two. While we were in the yard I got the cutest picture of our Sheepadoodle ( 3/4 standard poodle and 1/4 Old English sheepdog ) puppy, Sock. He's the youngest and biggest of our pack of 3. He just turned a year old on Friday.

I've had a little idea for a new sock rattling around in my head for days, so Sunday afternoon, I finally cast on. I think it's going to work out. It's a toe-up anklet with a feathery lace pattern off centered in the top of the foot. I'm working it up in a leftover ball of Regia Silk. I hope there's enough.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Moving in

Well, I guess it was time to have a home base of my own. I'll still try to pop in at Insaknity now and then though.

I've been working on setting up the blog today and learning how to add patterns to the side bar. It wasn't too hard, but I'm not telling you how long I spent on it. I'm not 100% happy with it all, but I think it's good enough to move ahead.

You may notice that the side bar shows the new pattern Spring Sprouts. It's in test knitting now. (Thank you LeaAnna and Karen!) I'm loading it to Ravelry today and hope to release the pattern by the end of May.